30 Days of Biking Week 4+ (April 22 - April 30)

eassist full power

April 22

Trip 1: Morning work commute
Miles: 4.4
Cargo: my laptop bag
Weather: 50°F, cloudy, chance of rain

Trip 2: Evening commute home
Miles: 4.4
Cargo: my laptop bag
Weather: 65°F, sunny

Comments: Rode the Robin Hood 3-speed today for the first time in a while. God I love that bike! Its momentum in third gear is tremendously satisfying.


April 23 and April 24

Argh. Had to skip these days because my kids refused to get on the back of the Boda Boda together. Why did I buy a cargo bike?! I thought they would be happy to ride together for at least three years. Almost nine-year-old decided he doesn't like riding so close to his brother. But he's not mature enough to ride on his own yet — is "mature" the right word? He just doesn't have the bike-handling skills to deal with my work commute. So for these two days, I drove the car. Grrrr.


April 25

Trip 1: Sheepshearing festival!
Miles: 2.5
Cargo: 45-pound child, picnic blanket, water bottles, layers
Weather: 40°F, sunny
sheepshearing festival

Trip 2: Grocery shopping
Miles: 1.1
Cargo: 4 balls of yarn, 45-pound child, picnic blanket, water bottles, layers
Weather: 50°F, sunny

Trip 2: Home
Miles: 2.5
Cargo: groceries, 4 balls of yarn, 45-pound child, picnic blanket, water bottles, layers
Weather: 50°F, sunny

April 26


Trip 1: Groceries shopping redux (forgot a few things)
Miles roundtrip: 1.6
Cargo: ketchup, etc.
Weather: 55°F, cloudy

April 27


Trip 1: Morning work commute
Miles: 4.4
Cargo: laptop bag
Weather: 50°F, cloudy

Trip 2: Evening commute home
Miles: 4.4
Cargo: laptop bag
Weather: 55°F, mix of sun and clouds


April 28 — April 30

Unfortunately, the rest of the week did not work out for biking. I had a conference to attend.

Total miles this week: 25.3

Total actual days of biking in April: 18

Total miles for 30 18 days of biking: 160.45


Onward!

It's now May, and the weather is divine. I hope to keep up with biking on most days (18 out of 30 is not terrible). I also heard from a friend that she's considering buying a cargo bike for her family, so I feel my cargo-bike ambassadorship is going well.

Come July, I will no longer have the preschool dropoff portion of my commute (!) so I really will have zero excuses. 

Comments

Popular Posts